News DEA Landsat Collection Upgrade
Published:14 December 2021
Digital Earth Australia Landsat Collection Upgrade
Digital Earth Australia is nearing completion of the Geoscience Australia Landsat Collection 3 upgrade project. This is the culmination of 2 years of work to reprocess our foundation datasets using improved source data from the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
- 17 January 2022 – Public access to the will be removed.
- 17 January 2022 – will be decommissioned.
- 31 January 2022 – Most Geoscience Australia C2 products will be removed from (the remaining data will be retained).
- 31 March 2022 – All GA C2 products will be removed from the .
Below shows a mapping of Geoscience Australia Collection 2 products that will be deprecated into the Geoscience Australia Collection 3 products that will replace them.
These Geoscience Australia Collection 2 products will become unavailable on the NCI from January 2022 and on AWS from March 2022.
Geoscience Australia Collection 2 Product
Geoscience Australia Collection 3 Product
* Product will remain available in AWS until July 2022 but will no longer be updated
Input data changes impacting DEA products
Our satellite data providers are making changes that may impact you.
What is analysis ready data?
The careful processing of satellite data is fundamental to its usability, and we’re making world-leading strides in this work